The Student Progression Policy 6000.1 for the 2014-15 school year has been revised to reflect legislative changes and an approved committee recommendation. You may view the strike-through document and review the issues that were discussed during the past year below. Committee membership and meetings dates for the Student Progression Policy for the 2015-16 school year are currently being determined. This website will be updated as soon as that information becomes available.
Issues for 2015-16 Policy Recommended for Consideration by Staff & Stakeholders
- Clarify which marking period a teacher may assign a student grade towards.
- Clarify how a student grade is calculated in a State EOC class when the mid-term and/or final exam is exempted.
- Revise the required middle school high school course offerings to include all World Languages, not specifically Spanish.
- Define how students will be impacted by the statutorily required "Local Assesments."
- Define how the middle school Civics EOC final course grade is calculated
- Eliminate the Special Diploma and Special Diploma Certificate of Completion graduation options for students entering 9th grade in 2014-15 and thereafter
- Consider excluding high school grades earned in middle school from the District's Weighted Grade Point Average.
- Require RTI/MTSS interventions for Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC) students returning to non-DJJ centers.
- Align policy to current State guidelines for initial SLD eligibility and RTI/MTSS.
- Remove obsolete language related to multiple retentions in third grade.
- Consider a grade of 50% as the lowest grade as student can earn in a marking period.
- Revise promotion criteria for elementary school grades.
Meeting dates and times
- 11/12/2013: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Committee Meeting, KCW Building, 13th floor (Prior to Board Workshop)
- 12/10/2013: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Committee Meeting, KCW Building, 13th floor (Prior to Board Workshop)
- 1/14/2014: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Committee Meeting, KCW Building, 13th floor (Prior to Board Workshop)
- 1/28/2014: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Committee Meeting, KCW Building, 13th floor (Prior to Board Workshop)
- 2/11/2014: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Committee Meeting, KCW Building, 13th floor (Prior to Board Workshop)
- 3/6/2014: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Committee Meeting, KCW Building, 13th floor (Prior to Board Workshop)
Meeting ID: 978807
*If no password is indicated above there is no password for your conference.
Phone Number: (754)321-0810
IMPORTANT ATTENDEE INFORMATION:
If your phone does not have a MUTE feature, you may use the #5 command anytime during the conference to mute / unmute yourself.
You may call into the conference / meeting five minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
If you require assistance regarding a MeetingPlace session, please contact ETS, Ed Kessler or Marlon Bryant at 754-321-0349 or 754-321-0462
TO ATTEND THE WEB CONFERENCE AND THEN JOIN WITH AUDIO:
1. Go to: http://mp.broward.k12.fl.us/a/052186de103d49251be1fbaacd08d216
2. Sign in as a Guest or with your Cisco MeetingPlace User ID, and click on Attend Meeting.
3. Click on CONNECT and follow the on screen directions.
TEST YOUR BROWSER BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR FIRST WEB CONFERENCE
Visit http://mp.broward.k12.fl.us to test your web browser for compatibility with the web conference.Follow
this link to your home page,change to your preferred language and look for the browser test link at the bottom of the page.
For more information about Cisco MeetingPlace including Meeting Tips and FAQ's, please visit: http://mp.broward.k12.fl.us/mpweb/html/help/000/output/index.html